BEAT81 is a fitness technology startup revolutionizing the way people get fit. By merging the very best of HIIT group training, heart rate technology, and expert coaching we are empowering people around Europe, and soon the world, to Sweat Smarter Together!
Our workouts, led by fitness experts, offer real-time, personalized heart rate monitoring, gamification, and analytics - transforming the traditional group fitness experience. We think big. We think rebellious. And we're building a world-class team to make BEAT81 the global leader in fitness and technology.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Backend Engineer you will be in charge of creating the backbone of all our software products. Our back-end is an event-driven microservice architecture that contains all central services and provides our user-facing (internal, customers and coaches) applications with all necessary data and contains all important logic and data processing. You will be improving on certain existing features but will spend most of your time creating new logic that will allow us to offer more workout services, variable pricing, personalized workout recommendations, chat features, data tracking and much more.
Our tech stack is implemented in nodejs, we run our services with Kubernetes in Google cloud Platform.
- Continuously improve and enhance our backend services
- Design and implement new APIs
- Architect, design, develop and operate our microservices
- Support high and low level technical decisions
- Improve and take responsibility for deployment processes
- Working with relational (PostgreSQL) and non-relational databases
- Continuously improve how we write clean and testable code and conduct code reviews
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proficient knowledge of building RESTful APIs
- Experienced in user authentication mechanisms (JWT)
- Good knowledge of Docker
- Experienced in SQL and database schema design (PostgreSQL)
- Understanding and interest in microservice based applications
- Capability of leading architectural evolution discussions
- Good understanding of deployment processes and continuous delivery
- Fluent in English
- Join us on the journey to build the world’s largest fitness community, delivering lasting well-being to millions of people
- Become part of Europe’s fastest-growing fitness technology startup, run by a highly motivated and international team of tech & fitness experts and backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs
- A working environment that is built on care for one another, trust, openness, grit, and a relentless focus on doing the right thing
- Unlimited BEAT81 workouts for you and one family member/friend: we guarantee that you will get fit working here :)
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks on tap at the office to fuel your workout regime
- Regular sports and social team events