ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a unique opportunity for a Senior Accounting Manager to join the finance team of Beat 81, based in our Berlin HQ. You will take on the exciting challenge to build and manage a best-in-class accounting team for a startup that is expanding across multiple entities and jurisdictions. As one of the first members in our (internal) Accounting team, you will take the lead on delivering accurate financial reporting and developing the company’s transactional processes that will help us scale. You will be able to demonstrate experience in accounting (HGB/IFRS), reporting, consolidation and a keen interest in developing processes to enable compliance and optimization. Furthermore, you will be able to work independently but also showcase your ability to collaborate with people across functions and geographies.
- You will have the opportunity to lead the accounting function and be in charge of the future development of the department
- Maintain, coordinate and monitor all ongoing bookkeeping activities (general ledger / Accounts Payables / Accounts Receivables) for all operational markets
- Drive the implementation of our reporting/consolidation ERP solution
- Act as the main point of contact for our local tax advisors, auditors, and external accountants to prepare and ensure all bookings and compliance related filings (including tax/VAT filings) are completed according to company guidelines.
- Ensure the correct procedure of closing processes (monthly, quarterly, annually) are of the highest quality, and analyse existing processes for continuous improvement in productivity and efficiency.
- You will prepare the consolidated annual, quarterly and monthly financial statements of the company including its branches/subsidiaries (according to IFRS/HGB)
- 5+ years experience in a relevant role (Group Reporting, Finance or Auditing “Big Four” experience is an added advantage)
- Sound knowledge of commercial and tax law and safe application
- Experience with the preparation of monthly financial reporting (P&L, cash flow and balance sheet) according to HGB / IFRS
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office, (especially in Excel) and any experience working with DATEV or other ERP software. Lucanet knowledge is an added plus.
- You are business fluent in German & English
- Unlimited BEAT81 Workouts for you and one family member/friend: we guarantee that you will get fit working here!
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks on tap at the office to fuel your workout regime!
- Regular sports and social team events
- Join our journey to build the largest fitness company that is delivering lasting wellbeing in the world
- Become part of a highly motivated and international team of Europe’s fastest growing fitness technology startup backed by Europe’s best VCs and a unique team of fitness experts
- A working environment that is built on care for one another, trust, openness, having a growth mindset and relentless focus on doing the right thing
BEAT81 is a fitness technology startup revolutionizing the way people get fit. By merging the very best of HIIT group training, heart rate technology and expert coaching we are empowering people around Europe, and soon the world, to Sweat Smarter Together!
Our workouts led by fitness experts offer real-time, personalized heart rate monitoring, gamification and analytics - transforming the traditional group fitness experience. We think big. We think rebellious. And we're building a world-class team to make BEAT81 the global leader in fitness and technology.