BEAT81 is a fitness technology startup from Berlin revolutionising the way people get fit. We bring together the power of music, community, and cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable indoor cycling workout experiences. We pride ourselves on providing our members with high-energy sessions that boost their motivation and inspire them to reach their fitness goals. Join us on our mission to create lasting wellbeing!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are now operating three, soon to be five indoor cycling studios in Berlin (next to 10+ indoor functional fitness studios) and are planning to open more indoor cycling studios in 2024.
We are now searching for passionate, service-oriented, positive and hard-working Studio Manager (all genders) for our cycle studios close to Alexander Platz and Schönhauser Allee with a love for health and fitness to join our team.
You will oversee 2-3 studios and will work closely together with our Berlin City Operations Team to create an outstanding customer experience and ensure smooth operations in our studios.
Creating a first-class customer experience and maximizing coach satisfaction by managing and training your team of 15-20 Front of House employees (part-time/working students) as well as maintaining your studios at the highest level will be key.
Drive and the willingness to go the extra mile for our customers and coaches will be the key to excelling in the role of the Studio Manager at the BEAT81 RIDE studios in Berlin.
- Be a role model for other team members by providing high-level customer service and exceptional hospitality to BEAT81 riders (75% of the job is based in our studios, this is not an office job!)
- Train and manage the Front Desk team to assure high-level customer service at all time
- Manage the hiring and onboarding process of new team members in collaboration with our central recruiting shifts: Run trial shifts to evaluate new candidates and onboard them later for the job
- Handle daily studio and administrative tasks (inventory, orders, shift planning, etc.)
- Ensure that the studios look clean and tidy at all times and that everything is functioning smoothly for coaches and customers
- Provide support to the BEAT81 instructors to ensure a successful class check-in process
- Grow the community of our BEAT81 Riders
- Maintain a positive attitude and take initiative
- Must have customer service experience, preferably in a leadership position
- Must be highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in the moment – every day is different at BEAT81
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work with a wide range of personalities
- Must speak English fluently
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude
- Able to work a non-traditional schedule (must have weekend and some early morning, midday and late evening availability) - Our Indoor Cycling studios operate 7 days a week, 365 days per year
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT
- Passion for sports and an interest in health & fitness is highly desirable.
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative to ensure tasks are completed efficiently.
- A collaborative and team-oriented mindset, promoting a positive work culture.
- WALK THE TALK: Unlimited BEAT81 workouts for you and one family member/friend: we guarantee that you will get fit working here :)
- WORKPLACE: We have a beautiful office in the heart of Berlin (Weinmeisterstraße) with free drinks, healthy snacks and fruits.
- FLEXIBLE WORKING HOURS: Early bird or late riser? Shape your workday to align with your personal commitments and preferences in coordination with your team and the business needs.
- TEAM RITUALS: Shared experiences build a strong team culture. That’s why we have our usuals such as regular all hands meetings, Aperol Thursdays and joint workouts - there is something for everyone.
- TEAM EVENTS: Our summer and Christmas parties have become as legendary as our annual off-sites and the perfect occasion to spend quality time with team members.
- ANYTHING MISSING? We are always open for suggestions to expand our offers.
At BEAT81, we believe in the power of passion and potential. We don't expect you to have every requirement checked off to apply to us. We still encourage you to apply.
We value individuals who are driven and eager to learn. We embrace diversity and understand that different backgrounds and experiences can bring fresh perspectives and innovative ideas to the table.
Hence, we are committed to providing a supportive and nurturing environment where you can thrive and develop yourself further.